March in the Garden ChecklistMarch 1, 2021
How leaves change colour – an experiment for kidsMarch 26, 2021
DIY Succulent in a pot
Here’s a fun #SucciePotInAPot DIY project to add to your succulent collection. Time to get creative and play with pots!
You will need:
- A large pot
- A smaller pot
- Compost & Potting Soil
- Lovely succulent trays
- Some fine decorative pebbles
All these are available at your local GCA Garden Centre.
Getting started with your #SucciePotInAPot:
- Fill your large pot with compost and soil.
- Use your smaller pot to scoop up some soil and then position it in the centre, half buried.
- Transplant succulents from treys half inside and around the smaller pot, creating a gorgeous succulent bouquet look spilling out from the smaller pot.
Once your succulents are sweetly arranged, it’s time to decorate and water!
- Sprinkle your decorative pebbles around your succulent bouquet.
- White or coloured pebbles will stand out nicely against the dark soil and green hues of the plants.
- Water your babies well and pop your pot in a nice sunny spot.
#SucciePotInAPot Watering tips:
- Succulents like it when the soil is dry before their next drink. Poke your finger inside the pot to test if they might be thirsty.
- Water smaller pots about once a week and larger pots every second week.
Succulents are drought-hardy and reward gardens with a lovely variety of interesting texture and colour. This DIY is not only super cute, but also a win for the water-wise team!
Watch the DIY Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYW91Mpwt08
For more garden inspiration, fun DIY projects, and monthly maintenance tips, visit www.lifeisagarden.co.za